Saturday, August 14, 2010

Easy Stir Fry

Make with any vegetables you have available. This is what I used:

2 heads baby bok choy
2 carrots cut into matchsticks
1/4 C. cabbage chopped
1 medium zucchini
1 summer squash (I used a sunburst squash)
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 lb steak (I used filet but you can use any cut you want) or chicken (or tofu)
soy sauce
peanut oil (or canola oil)
sesame oil
toasted sesame seeds
rice

Heat the peanut oil (about 2 Tbsp) in a wok (or large saute pan). Add green vegetables first (bok choy, cabbage, green onion), stir fry for 1-2 minutes, add carrots or other root vegetables, stir fry for another 1-2 minutes, add remaining vegetables. Stir fry all veggies for aobut 5-7 more minutes. Add chopped meat or tofu and stir fry with 2 Tbsp soy sauce until meat is cooked through or about 5-7 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp sesame oil and 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, stir and serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite food, I really want to know on how to cook this. I really like your recipe and I hope that you also have a stir fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete